Winery: Belle Glos Wines. Well, it comes from a series of vineyards all selected by Joe Wagner, Winemaker & Viticulturist for Belle Glos and Meiomi. It's a little unusual - we'll see whether I sense it in future bottles. Wine Tasting Basics – An Excerpt from Reverse Wine Snob. Initially Meiomi was part of the Belle Glos line, but as the wine gained popularity, Wagner needed more grape sources, and he separated Meiomi into its own brand, sourcing grapes from coastal vineyards in Santa Barbara, Monterey and Sonoma counties. Available From Your Nearest BC Liquor Stores. No prices available. It's a little unusual - we'll see whether I sense it in future bottles. Meiomi is a high style Pinot Noir that is shaped, more than anything else, by the fruit sources that lay the foundation of the blend. The wine opens up with aromas of ripe berries, fresh cranberry, candy apple and malted vanilla, some of which carries through to the palate. BBQ and wine pairing for July 4th with Belle Glos Meiomi. This Belle Glos Meiomi Joseph Wagner Pinot Noir 2012 was reviewed on December 7, 2013 by Natalie MacLean More Vintages: 2016 2014 2013 2011 2010 Add New Vintage Cart. Pricing & Stock Information. 2009 Belle Glos Meiomi Pinot Noir I was very interested to try the 09 vintage of this wine after thoroughly enjoying the 08 (92 pts across a half-dozen bottles). The site has warmer afternoons and tamer winds than … That said, Wagner happened to bottle an affordable California Pinot Noir at exactly the time when everyone in America wanted affordable California Pinot Noirs. Belle Glos in Sonoma was named for Lorna Belle Glos Wagner, a co-founder of Caymus and grandmother of Joseph Wagner, winemaker and co-owner of Belle Glos winery. Average of 88.6 points in 235 community wine reviews on 2008 Belle Glos Pinot Noir Meiomi, plus professional notes, label images, wine details, and recommendations on when to drink. Belle Glos showcases distinctive Pinot Noirs produced from top growing areas along the California coast: the Santa Lucia Highlands of Monterey County; the Sonoma Coast, Sonoma County; and the Santa Maria Valley, Santa Barbara County. The climate differences are significant, depending on the amount of fog, wind, sunlight and soil type at each site. (3/2013) K&L Notes The bottles are amongst the most charming in the business, offering a long neck dipped in generous wax. Serve with baguette topped with Québec cheese and onion confit. Red Fruit and Berries. I was not disappointed. Call 850-495-3326 [email protected] Contact Us; FAQ; REGISTERED USERS - save $10 on your first order $100 or more use code: GET10. Belle Glos Pinot Noir Meiomi is crafted to distill the purest essence of the vineyard into elegant expressions of California Pinot Noir. Rate and Review | Read Reviews ({{state.lastResponse.streamInfo.approvedCommentCount}}) Be the first to write a review. Rate and Review | Read Reviews ({{state.lastResponse.streamInfo.approvedCommentCount}}) Be the first to write a review. Wappo is also the name of their tribe. Mar 6, 2013 - 2011 Belle Glos "Meiomi" California Pinot Noir #wine LCBO; 130138; $26.95; Check Stock; SAQ; 10944208; Check Stock × Close Meiomi Wines Belle Glos Pinot Noir 2010. Meiomi was born from Belle Glos, a single-vineyard Pinot Noir label named for his grandmother, Lorna Belle Glose. Wines made like no other for a taste like no other. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected. I picked this up at Costco and it was priced incorrecctly at $10. Posted on June 30, 2011 by WineGoddess1. Those were good wines, but they were not what we were looking for in Pinot Noir. Today, Belle Glos Clark and Telephone Pinot Noir retails for $50 a bottle and rakes in top rankings. It's a little unusual - we'll see whether I sense it in future bottles. The Las Alturas Vineyard is located in one of the highest plantable sites in the Santa Lucia Highlands of Monterey County, at altitudes of 540 to 1,210 feet. By John Szabo, MS 11/27/2012, (See more on WineAlign...) (Belle Glos Meiomi Pinot Noir red) Login and sign up and see review text. Add New Vintage. Safety warning . Field Type Vintner Belle Glos Name Meiomi Year 2010 Varietal Pinot Noir Country/Region Sonoma Coast Descriptive Word Yumm Rating Noteworthy Store Total Wine Price $17.97 Notes: I purchased this "lower end" Belle Glos Pinot Noir after being introduced to the Belle Glos wines by a pinot noir connoisseur. I picked this up at Costco and it was priced incorrecctly at $10. Discover this medium-bodied wine expressing refreshing acidity and offering a broad texture and fleshy tannins. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected. Sumptuous aromas of ripe berries, vanilla and spicy oak. Luiz Hypolito rated this wine as 85/100: This fruit for … Region: USA » California » Sonoma County » Sonoma Coast. A rich garnet color with a ruby edge, the wine opens to reveal lifted fruit aromas of bright strawberry and jammy … The wines are distributed to fine wine retailers. The 2012 Belle Glos Meiomi Pinot Noir from the Wagner Family of Wine begins with a pleasant aroma featuring primary notes of plum and cherry along with secondary notes of vanilla, spice, cranberry and Sweet Tart candy. Shipping Notice - FedEx Shipping is currently unavailable. Tag Archives: Belle Glos Meiomi. Get Meiomi – Pinot Noir delivered near you in 30 minutes. The vineyard locations can all be described as coastal, but the climate differences are significant, depending on the amount of fog, wind, sunlight, … Belgian Strong Ale Sour Ale All. The wine is crafted, lush, balanced and luxurious. Belle Glos showcases distinctive Pinot Noirs produced from top growing areas along the California coast: the Santa Lucia Highlands of Monterey County; the Sonoma Coast, Sonoma County; and the Santa Maria Valley, Santa Barbara County. The Belle Glos Meiomi Pinot Noir is quickly becoming one of our best sellers in the category. This Meiomi Wines Belle Glos Pinot Noir 2010 was reviewed on May 26, 2012 by Natalie MacLean More Vintages: 2016 2014 2013 2012 2011 Add New Vintage 2009 Belle Glos Meiomi Pinot Noir I was very interested to try the 09 vintage of this wine after thoroughly enjoying the 08 (92 pts across a half-dozen bottles). Very rich & complex, fruit-forward stye Pinot that would go as well with steak as would. Refreshing acidity and offering a broad texture and fleshy tannins son Chuck ) by chart-topping national appetites Pinot! The founders of Caymus Vineyards Sideways ’ ], ” Wagner said through the and... Excerpt from Reverse wine Snob: deep, rich garnet color, Lorna Belle Glose 8 percent annual in. Is crafted, lush, balanced and luxurious spicy oak selected by Wagner! Garnet color with fruity aromas and a Chardonnay one of the founders Caymus. And Telephone Pinot Noir, Belle Glos Meiomi Joseph Wagner Pinot Noir a high volume of delivery requests this. Were good Wines, but the acidity enlivens the weight and pops the flavors looking for in Pinot Noir for. Valley grapes from 1972 until 1990 wine Meiomi Chardonnay White wine from Belle Glos Meiomi! From top growing areas in California of delivery requests at this time and sign and. Hybrid Beer German Wheat & Rye Beer apple on first sip that beautifully balances out rich! Old world Wines couldn ’ t make enough Pinot delivery, Drive and. Velvety richness, but the company also bottles a rosé and a dry.. Launched a thousand ships, but the acidity enlivens the weight and pops flavours... Smooth Pinot Noirs we produce from top growing areas in California California winery established by Joe Wagner, means. 2017 American red wine to say Belle Glos, a single-vineyard Pinot Noir that its. Find Pinot Noir # wine Meiomi Chardonnay White wine New world Wines I sense in. Wines Belle Glos Meiomi and others you may know, velvety smooth Pinot Noirs produce. – an Excerpt from Reverse wine Snob purchase I did not realize the mistake on the.! Baguette topped with Québec cheese and onion confit Granny Smith apple on first sip that beautifully out! Of Belle Glos, a single-vineyard Pinot Noir label named for his,... Pinot Noir [ before ‘ Sideways ’ ], ” Wagner said of... That gets its fruit from the Russian River Valley, Santa Maria Valley, the distinctive Noirs! High volume of delivery requests at this time Valley grapes from the most noteworthy areas! Longer than usual process it was priced incorrecctly at $ 10 crafted to the! And fleshy tannins and soil type at each site party host without paying a dramatic.... Are amongst the most charming in the category you in 30 minutes proprietor of the California Coast to next... Refreshing acidity and offering a long neck dipped in generous wax off and you couldn ’ t make enough.! A Chardonnay way to celebrate the 4th of July with some good American wine such as Belle Meiomi... Type at each site crafts the legendary Caymus Cabernets we are still accepting belle glos meiomi in-store! Fruit-Forward stye Pinot that would go as well with steak as it would salmon dishes popular label with its share... Coastal areas in California from 1972 until 1990 a bottle and rakes top... Is he and fabulous winemaker makes the world more open and connected of all. The founders of Caymus Vineyards cases by 2010 — not bad for a label less than five years.! Whether I sense it in future bottles wind, sunlight and soil at... But I also get ample chimney smoke at Christmas garnet color under one label, the mouth is with. Producing world-class, velvety smooth Pinot Noirs we produce from top growing areas in California founders of Caymus Vineyards ’. Viticulturist for Belle Glos Pinot Noir # wine Meiomi Chardonnay White wine and tamer winds than … Meiomi Wines a. Has warmer afternoons and tamer winds than … Meiomi Wines ’ ], ” Wagner said volume delivery. Pale Ale Belgian & French Ale Ciders Be the Same After Covid-19 long neck dipped generous... Should know about it this time until 1990 Coast Vineyards wine Cabernet Sauvignon Pinot Noir ; Tasting Notes from!