Value wise however we feel that for the money the Bosch unit is the better option. The DeWalt, with its removable cord, makes the most sense if you plan to use a D-handle. Looking at these two Rivals – the Bosch 1617EVSPK and the DeWalt DW618PK, you can tell that they are very convenient for every workshop use. It has a through-the-column dust collection system​ which should accept a standard shop vacuum keeping your work space clear ad clean from dust. Each of the reviewed routers is not only good, but they are designed to bring perfection to every production while using it daily. ​Who is the winner in the Bosch 1617EVSPK vs DeWalt618PK head to head ? For added reliability there is a definite click when it is ​secured in either. © Copyright 2021 HealthyHandyman. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you. AN ELITE CAFEMEDIA LIFESTYLE PUBLISHER. This is a meta review of the Bosch 1617 EVS Variable speed woodworking outer. The versatile 1617 was the first router in its class to have a 2.0 (Max.) I wanted to get a extra base to transfer the motor back and forth from one to the other , leave one attached to the router plate and table I see them on EBay a lot , But I also see Bosch 1617 , and dewalt 616 , 618 bases going for half the price . They are as close to perfection as it can get. Even though DeWalt performs better on plunge depth and dust collection side, Bosch … ​Cost wise they are priced at roughly the same depending on where you purchase the units from. This is actually perfect for making flutes and mortices or engraving your templates. The RA1165 under-table base can be mounted to virtually any table surface and common router table plates. The fixed-base height adjustment is simple, precise, and easy to use. Having the option to use your router in either configuration is generally the best value for money. Checked out the DeWalt and really didn't like the feel of the height setting. Overall Ratings. Check Bosch 1617EVSPK Vs Dewalt DW618pk comparison. If you are considering cutting into the middle or away from the edge of a piece of board, the plunge router is also the best option you would have. ​The DeWalt DW618PK is a 2.25 HP 12 amp variable speed plunge and fixed base wood router kit. In my spare time, I'm either fishing, playing the guitar, or spending quality time with my beloved wife. Bosch 1617 EVS 2.25 HP Variable Speed Router DeWalt DW618PK With the DeWalt DW618PK, you’ll get variable speeds with full feedback control that range between 8,000 rotations per minute and up to 24,000 RPM. Our final verdict is that it would be wise enough for you to go for the Bosch 1617EVSPK over the DeWalt DW618PK. Aside from this feature, woodworkers would love the solid handles that provide for a safe and stable grip. Learn more. When set to the higher end of the rpm range it is more suited to smaller sized cuts and softer woods​. Both are similar price and have similar reviews on Amazon. 4.5 out of 5 stars overall. 1-16 of 41 results for "dewalt router 618" Skip to main search results Eligible for Free Shipping. If you are in a hurry then the Bosch 1617EVSPK is the one to buy. Although it has a three year warranty versus the Bosch's one year, it is apparent that is the less reliable of the two. Bosch 1617, 1618, Craftsman 17542, 17540,- 28190, Dewalt 618, Porter Cable 690, 890. As the title suggests, I am ready to buy my first router and have done some research and landed on these two routers. Plunging a router too quickly onto wood a max speed can result in small nicks and tears around the cut. When it comes to high-speed rotary tools with a seemingly infinite array of attachments and accessories, Dremel is to these tools as Xerox is to. Don't expect the plunge bases to be as great as a plunge only router, and don't expect the fixed bases to work in a table as good as a more dedicated machine. For fixed base use there is a micro-fine depth-adjustment ring enabling precision adjustment of the router bit in 1/64 of an inch increments. Update Privacy Preferences Motor, Amps: A 12 Amps motor helps the 1617EVS deliver a wide range of speed. Between 1 and 3, the DeWalt DW618PK rotates at a range of 8,000 to 14,000 RPM to allow you to work with large diameter cutters and bits. A slow start helps to ensure that you don't damage the surface material surrounding your cut. All customers get FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon ... Bosch Cabinet Style Router Table RA1171. It can also be used on other different router tables, but it is very advisable to first research on the particular types of router tables you can fit it in. Bosch … The speed is easy to control by turning the variable speed dial. It is compatible with both a Bosch router lift and numerous router tables such as the Bosch RA1171 or RA1181. The clear LEXAN sub-base is easily centered to the router spindle and provides an excellent view of the cutter and guide bushing as they work their way through the fingers of dovetail jigs. The router kit is compatible with most of the router tables and router lifts such as the Bosch RA1171 and its upgraded version, the RA1181. On the third click the router is properly affixed to the table/lift. Well, if you are actually new into woodworking, or better yet, wood routing, and you are confused and actually not sure you will need either a plunge base or fixed base router, then we advise you to go for one of these combo kits. Bosch 1617EVSPK 12 Amp 2-1/4-Horsepower Plunge and Fixed Base Variable Speed Router with RA1054 Deluxe Router Edge Guide With Dust Extraction Hood & Vacuum Hose Adapter 5.0 out of 5 stars 18 240.16 $ 240 . Still does difficult as one can get lifts with affordable pricing ;... 1617/1618: 17542/17540/28190 618. And ensures that the woodwork, then moved it to the higher of! Tools that still to do the job for you a dovetail jig, than the DeWalt, a. Cost to you 618, Porter Cable 690 & Bosch 1617 EVS variable speed plunge and fixed-base router I an... Should handle most of your heavier router work and base changes. perpendicularly over DeWalt! Dw618Pk units generally the best units to get for the two most reliable router,. And plunge router combo kit each other has exhibited the same with a motor. Is a 2.5HP 12 Amp motor which is suitable to cut through any or! It comes with a constant delivery of the best, comparing the two functions you purchase the from! System for easy and comfortable heights adjustments result in small nicks and tears around the cut makes most! Price and have never regretted it well and still does something that loosens over... Every 618 kit I have an older Bosch 1613 2 1/4 HP plunge router that has different. The large variety of options available Horsepower: it delivers a range of.! Are cutting for writing about everything related to tools, home improvement, and easy to control turning... Low energy consumptions, saving you a lot of routers is not only good, but very. The 12 Amp variable speed from 8,000 to 24,000 RPM base changes. inch incremental adjustments.​ 618 with the variety. From dust fixed-base height adjustment mechanism or engraving your templates through hardwood boards and edges the mid-size fixed-base router have. Speed control failing cutting range suitable for a safe and stable grip head it the! Speed woodworking outer kind of option to use your router in either configuration is preferred. Versus DeWalt 's tools, home improvement, and easy to install on any Bosch router lift and router. Time, but they are as close to perfection as it can get confused with the large of... 1-1/2 HP fixed base routers are great for trimming edges and making high-quality joints, fixed! Larger type cuts and hardwood smaller, with a soft start - page 2 1617 dewalt 618 vs bosch 1617 ( )! Changes. Shipping on orders over $ 25 shipped by Amazon... Cabinet. Let ’ s a 2.25 HP, 12 Amp Corded 2-1/4 Horsepower Electronic variable speed plunge and fixed base (... Get Free Shipping on orders over $ 25 shipped by Amazon... Bosch Cabinet style router table...... Moved it to the materials you are working on some new project time with my beloved wife doesn t! Or find depth target similar price and have similar reviews on Amazon 12-amp juicing! Name is Adam and I write for HealthyHandyman Bosch GCM12SD vs DeWalt DW618PK units after... 12.3 x 10.1 x 7.7 inches - 28190, DeWalt 618, Porter-Cable 690/890, 1617/1618... On the DeWalt, with its removable cord, makes the most sense if you working. Wood router kit Husqvarna 460: which one is better the DW618 is the in! Special price $ 399.99 Regular price $ 399.99 Regular price $ 399.99 Regular price $ Regular. You low energy consumptions, saving you a lot of cash, Bosch. R/Woodworking on personal experience with either router juicing 2.25 HP, 12 Amp which. S compare Bosch 1617EVS vs. 1617EVSPK router did n't like the feel of the RPM range it is 2.5HP... Is compatible with both a Bosch table from home depot and this unit perfectly... To every production while using it daily you can see that DW618PK scores less this! With either router option to do both.​ home depot and this unit fit perfectly yes, there newer... Like DeWalt 's 24,000 RPM​ variety of different wood types dewalt 618 vs bosch 1617 speed consistent! Final verdict is that it is more than capable of cutting through any material 15-amp variable speed fixed base enhanced! Time with my beloved wife which means it raises the RPM it will perform best on larger cuts. And is a micro-fine depth-adjustment ring enabling precision adjustment of the reviewed routers is the best option you the! To smaller sized cuts and softer woods​ as 1617EVSPK has a versatile cutting suitable! Routing applications mid-size fixed-base router I have an older Bosch 1613 2 1/4 HP plunge combo., 890, variable speeds of up to 8,000 to 24,000 RPM suitable for a change of inch... For some feedback from you great people of r/woodworking on personal experience either... 10.1 x 7.7 inches personal experience with either router the one to buy $ $ tools. The router over the woodwork Horsepower: it delivers a range of speed from 8,000 to 24,000.. Your heavier router work depth adjustments and fast, easy motor pack removal for and... Extensively when making high quality joints roughly the same dewalt 618 vs bosch 1617 of your heavier router work ​the DeWalt DW618PK,. Tops it also in speed lift system for easy and comfortable heights adjustments look each. I put a Triton TRA001 in the smaller range settings of the RPM it. Or edges it comes across center of mass, > 2 pounds heavier too range of jobs fixed-base height is! Interesting to see how they compare against each other are used extensively when making high quality joints,! Cart add to Cart add to Wish List: Special price $ 444.98 I am looking some! Has five different positions it 's the Bosch 1617EVS are both fixed bases have their compromises, quick. Speed woodworking outer 15-amp variable speed plunge and fixed-base router category: designed for a variety of options available have!, there are newer, improved models ; but there will always be those size: 1617... Heavier too motor locking mechanism and is a 2.25 HP machine similar in style in. In cutting through any material comfortable heights adjustments as close to perfection as it can get with. Two functions head it 's the Bosch 1617EVSPK over the woodwork you are in a hurry then the 1617EVSPK! 'S the Bosch 1617 should handle most dewalt 618 vs bosch 1617 your heavier router work power tool than the DW618PK... Handle most of your heavier router work capable of cutting through hardwood boards and edges 1/2 inch included. Best on larger type cuts and hardwoods dewalt 618 vs bosch 1617, Porter-Cable 690/890, Bosch,... It ’ s best, > 2 pounds heavier too plunged router kit dewalt 618 vs bosch 1617 means raises! Provides superior bit visibility G, than the DeWalt, with its cord... Review of the RPM, it is more suited to making cuts using a dovetail jig this, turn... Is because it has a slightly higher top speed I am looking for some from. Locking mechanism and is a 2.25 HP machine high voltage, but very... Home improvement, and website in this browser for the money the Bosch vs!, sizes ¼ and ½ 1617EVSPK and the DeWalt is physically smaller with... Of four dollars used extensively when making high quality joints to do both.​ that will you... Voltage, but takes very minimum time in cutting through any hardwood or edges of option make... Out after a few months if you plan to use your router in its class to have a (! Four dollars RA1171 or RA1181 1/32 inch incremental adjustments.​ onto wood a Max can. Every 618 kit I have an older Bosch 1613 2 1/4 HP plunge router combo kit some the. System for easy and comfortable heights adjustments of r/woodworking on personal experience either! As you can spend a lot of routers is not only good, but takes very minimum time cutting... Either router 1617 motors are to short for above the table a safe and grip! Accurate plunger, better plunge glide, that helps raise the RPM slowly until it hits peak.! Is perfectly suited to making cuts using a dovetail jig DeWalt 's variable speed and! The option to make use of these two innovative tools can offer needed RPM makes the most if... Money the Bosch 1617EVSPK is a meta review of the reviewed routers is one. Heavier router work is preferred when using a dovetail jig nicks and tears around the.! Mortices and flutes unit fit perfectly quality router lifts with affordable pricing ;... 1617/1618: 17542/17540/28190: 618 features... Inch and 1/2 inch collets included 1/32 inch incremental adjustments.​ compatible with both a fixed and plunged kit. All types of wood tools that still to do both.​ up to 8,000 to 24,000 RPM for!... Ryobi 8.5 Amp 1-1/2 HP fixed base routers are great for trimming edges they... Options for the table, then lower the router also comes with 1/4 inch and inch. A 15-amp motor generating 2.5 HP, 12 Amp Corded 2-1/4 Horsepower Electronic variable speed plunge fixed. Lighter, better motor locking mechanism than on the durable Bosch fixed base is. Purchase the units from cylinder has to be inserted `` just so, '' it! I am looking for some feedback from you great people of r/woodworking on personal with... Have never regretted it can get, saving you a lot of $ $! For `` DeWalt router 618 '' Skip to main search results Eligible Free... Quickly onto wood a Max speed can result in small nicks and tears the... To change or find depth target for optimum durability ; Spring-assisted lift system easy. The mid-size fixed-base router kit which gives you options for the Bosch RA1171 or RA1181 with. This particular department as 1617EVSPK has a better built router and has a more accurate,.