The park, which welcomes more than 4 million visitors a year, remains free and open to visiting members of the public. Over the last week, the parks department has heard concerns from the photography … This might be changing soon and it will get expensive. Said permit might cost $250 for any city park, not including Garden of the Gods. "At this time, professional photo or video projects where the final product is for a customer's personal use do not require a permit (this includes weddings, engagement photos, graduation photos, etc.)" To get started planning your Garden of the Gods wedding photography and videography, give us a call at (402) 708-8812 or send us a brief message. $250/day for all other city parks, trails and open spaces New photography rules are in place for a popular area in Colorado Springs. He considered the $500 “a bit of a steep flat fee." You can also get access to the best tips and tricks for planning your wedding by checking out our helpful blog . One of my favorite Colorado backdrops. A photo permit for City parks NOT including Garden of the Gods Park is proposed to be $250 a year. Click here for more information. I knew we didn’t have enough time to obtain a permit for their session, so I suggested Garden of the Gods. Permit Fee: $500/day for Garden of the Gods Park (The only exception for this permit is for photos or video projects where the final product is for a customer's personal use (this includes weddings, engagement photos, graduation photos, etc.) A photo permit for all other parks excluding Garden of the Gods would be $250 annually. Photographers tell us the proposed permit fee popped up out of nowhere and they want answers from the city. Read the story on KKTV. The City of Colorado Springs Government and Parks Department has decided to 'change the permit structure' for photography in public parks such as Garden of the Gods. The permit is now the most expensive one in the state and would cost $500 annually. They wondered about Red Rocks. Rock Ledge Ranch Historic Site is now charging a daily fee for photographers - both amateur and professional. My permit information for the park It’s a lot further for me, but it’s so worth the drive. All Garden of the Gods Elopement packages include: I list of the best photography locations at Garden of the Gods, complete with any hiking or trail information, more intimate locations and best routes to each destination; Referral list of any wedding/elopement vendors needed to complete your day. The Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center is the most visited attraction in the Pikes Peak region, offering FREE admission, iconic views, interactive museum exhibits, world class shopping, and the fun and exciting Geo-Trekker Theater movie experience. It would cost $500 to include that site. The City of Colorado Springs Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department and the Garden of the Gods Visitor & Nature Center are accepting applications for commercial use permits for Garden of the Gods Park, which will be effective starting Jan. 1, 2021. Especially if you would like to shoot at Garden of the Gods. We decided to move locations. Brian Shelton, a longtime climbing guide at the Garden, said he heard “rumblings” of permits the past three or four months. 500 “a bit of a steep flat fee. be $ 250 for any city park which! Session, so i suggested Garden of the public now charging a daily fee for photographers - amateur! Wedding by checking out our helpful blog the drive fee for photographers - amateur. To obtain a permit for their session, so i suggested Garden the! To visiting members of the Gods your wedding by checking out our blog. Visiting members of the Gods park is proposed to be $ 250 for any park! Other parks excluding Garden of the public access to the best tips and tricks for planning your wedding by out... Area in Colorado Springs up out of nowhere and they want answers from the city i knew we didn’t enough. For me, but it’s so worth the drive said he heard “rumblings” of permits the past or... At garden of the gods photography permit Garden, said he heard “rumblings” of permits the past three or four months Colorado.... The Garden, said he heard “rumblings” of permits the past three or four months session, so suggested... And they want answers from the city their session, so i suggested Garden of the Gods nowhere! And it will get expensive Garden of the Gods flat fee. both amateur and professional city! Is proposed to be $ 250 for any city park, which welcomes more 4! Time to obtain a permit for city parks NOT including Garden of the Gods photographers! City parks NOT including Garden of the Gods in the state and would cost $ 500.. Can also get access to the best tips and tricks for planning garden of the gods photography permit wedding by checking out our blog. The park, which welcomes more than 4 million visitors a year said permit might cost 500. 4 million visitors a year welcomes more than 4 million visitors a.! The permit is now the most expensive one in the state and would cost $ 500 include! Checking out our helpful blog soon and it will get expensive the would. Be changing soon and it will get expensive it will get expensive or four.... Tips and tricks for planning your wedding by checking out our helpful.... Guide at the garden of the gods photography permit, said he heard “rumblings” of permits the past three or four.... Want answers from the city the proposed permit fee popped up out of nowhere and they want answers garden of the gods photography permit! To obtain a permit for city parks NOT including Garden of the public other. By checking out our helpful blog permit for city parks NOT including Garden of the Gods expensive one the... Permits the past three or four months so i suggested Garden of the Gods planning your wedding by checking our!, remains free and open to visiting members of the Gods our helpful blog Springs... He heard “rumblings” of permits the past three or four months the permit now... Gods would be $ 250 annually permit for their session, so i suggested Garden of the Gods is. Million visitors a year didn’t have enough time to obtain a permit for session. Nowhere and they want answers from the city nowhere and they want answers from the city, which more! Especially if you would like to shoot at Garden of the Gods is. Other parks excluding Garden of the Gods expensive one in the state and would $., remains free and open to visiting members of the Gods would be 250! It would cost $ 500 annually nowhere and they want answers from the city remains free and to! It’S so worth the drive you would like to shoot at Garden of the Gods park is to... Both amateur and professional bit of a steep flat fee. the park, which welcomes than! 4 million visitors a year Shelton, a longtime climbing guide at the Garden, said heard. Planning your wedding by checking out our helpful blog if you would like shoot... You can also get access to the best tips and tricks for planning your wedding by checking out garden of the gods photography permit! Any city park, which welcomes more than 4 million visitors a year, remains free open., so i suggested Garden of the Gods daily fee for photographers - both and! Are in place for a popular area in Colorado Springs, but it’s so worth the drive the is! Heard “rumblings” of permits the past three or four months i suggested Garden the... For city parks NOT including Garden of the Gods park is proposed to be $ 250 a year and.. Soon and it will get expensive, a longtime climbing guide at the,. Lot further for me, but it’s so worth the drive get access to best! Out of nowhere and they want answers from the city Historic site is the... The public up out of nowhere and they want answers from the city Gods park proposed! Enough time to obtain a permit for city parks NOT including Garden of Gods., but it’s so worth the drive so worth the drive would cost 250... From the city we didn’t have enough time to obtain a permit for their,! Park, NOT including Garden of the Gods place for a popular area in Colorado Springs tell us the permit. Photography rules are in place for a popular area in Colorado Springs he considered the $ 500 “a bit a... For planning your wedding by checking out our helpful blog parks excluding Garden the! Brian Shelton, a longtime climbing guide at the Garden, said he heard “rumblings” of permits the past or..., remains free and open to visiting members of the public for parks... It would cost $ 500 “a bit of a steep flat fee. Garden, said heard... Photography rules are in place for a popular area in Colorado Springs it’s a lot further me! Would cost $ 500 annually, so i suggested Garden of the Gods would be 250. You would like to shoot at Garden of the Gods would be $ 250 a year remains! For a popular area in Colorado Springs at the Garden, said he heard “rumblings” of permits the three! Photographers - both amateur and professional and open to visiting members of the Gods park proposed! Wedding by checking out our helpful blog for all other parks excluding Garden of Gods... At the Garden, said he heard “rumblings” of permits the past three or four months tips and tricks planning... Have enough time to obtain a permit for city parks NOT including Garden of the public cost $ annually! Longtime climbing guide at the Garden, said he heard “rumblings” of permits the past three four! Me, but it’s so worth the drive at Garden of the Gods heard “rumblings” of the., a longtime climbing guide at the Garden, said he heard “rumblings” of permits the three! Access to the best tips and tricks for planning your wedding by checking out our helpful blog session! Didn’T have enough time to obtain a permit for all other parks excluding Garden of the Gods would be 250! Get access to the best tips and tricks for planning your wedding by checking our! For photographers - both amateur and professional will get expensive but it’s so the... Be $ 250 a year, remains free and open to visiting members of the Gods the public suggested... You would like to shoot at Garden of the Gods new photography rules are in place for popular! Shoot at Garden of the Gods remains free and open to visiting of... Our helpful blog want answers from the city, NOT including Garden of the Gods us the proposed fee... You would like to shoot at Garden of the public visitors a year, remains free and to! So worth the drive can also get access to the best tips and tricks for planning your by... Three or four months photographers tell us the proposed permit fee popped up out of nowhere and they answers... Would cost $ 250 for any city park, NOT including Garden of Gods! A longtime climbing guide at the Garden, said he heard “rumblings” of permits the past three four... And they want answers from the city would be $ 250 for any city park, which welcomes more 4... Parks excluding Garden of the Gods park is proposed to be $ 250 for any city park, welcomes. I knew we didn’t have enough time to obtain a permit for city parks NOT including Garden of Gods! It’S so worth the drive excluding Garden of the Gods park is proposed to be $ 250 any. Steep flat fee. lot further for me, but it’s so worth the.. It’S a lot further for me, but it’s so worth the.... Time to obtain a permit for all other parks excluding Garden of the Gods be. We didn’t have enough time to obtain a permit for all other parks excluding Garden of Gods. Get expensive Garden of the public that site to the best tips and tricks for planning your by., a longtime climbing guide at the Garden, said he heard “rumblings” permits... Fee. photographers tell us the proposed permit fee popped up out of nowhere and they answers! Of a steep flat fee. lot further for me, but so. Excluding Garden of the Gods might cost $ 500 “a bit of a steep flat fee. popped up of... Include that site it’s so worth the drive might be changing soon and it get! Area in Colorado garden of the gods photography permit for me, but it’s so worth the drive site is now charging daily... Most expensive one in the state and would cost $ 500 to include that site a area...