Grilled Pork Tenderloin is tender, juicy and delicious with a garlicky lemon dijon marinade, taking you from marinade to the plate in 4 easy steps. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. 429 calories; protein 39.5g; carbohydrates 49.3g; fat 8.4g; cholesterol 97.9mg; sodium 1725.7mg. 3 teaspoons fi sh sauce. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. This pork chop marinade is a blend of garlic, herbs, olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar and Dijon mustard. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Peel and very finely chop 4 cloves of garlic, then pick and very finely chop 1 small bunch of fresh … Welcome to Kawaling Pinoy where you'll find hundreds of delicious Filipino and Asian recipes. Tamang tama lang po siya sa dami nang karne . I made it again, this time using pork tenderloin instead of chops. It produces perfect marinated pork chops every time, and you can use your pork marinade for baked, broiled, grilled or sauteed pork. Add pork and cook for 4 minutes or until … :o). States this tastes like it was prepared in an expensive restaurant!! Mix Marinade ingredients in a bowl. Required fields are marked *. https://www.food.com/recipe/best-marinated-pork-tenderloin-28141 Hello! Pat dry. pulled pork sliders It almost tastes like an upscale, really interesting A1 Sauce. Followed the rest of the recipe as stated. These marinated pork … For great depth of flavor, marinate the meat for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results. Commonly peddled at street corners on makeshift grill carts, these delectable pork skewers are widely enjoyed as a viand with hefty servings of rice or as portable appetizers to complement cold beer. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. My picky eaters gobbled it up! Sometimes I use a dry rub, and sometimes I prefer a wet BBQ rub. The ginger amount really needs to be decreased unless you love ginger. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Cut pork with the grain into strips 1 1/2- to 2-inches long; put into a large resealable plastic bag. Remove from heat and serve as is or with spicy vinegar dip. Combine the ketchup, water, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a mixing bowl. Do you have a book for your recipes? I have tried it with Banana ketchup and tomato both. I doubled the recipe ingredients and used baby back ribs. This was good! You’ll thank me later. Marinate, turning meat once or twice, in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight for best results. Pour remaining reserved marinade into a saucepan over medium heat, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to a simmer. First, make the Chinese BBQ pork marinade sauce in a sauce pan. Using a hand blender, pulse a few times to partially liquefy the marinade. 3 tablespoons garlic powder. Next, marinate the pork with the marinade overnight. You made my day , Your email address will not be published. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate. Amount is based on available nutrient data. I marinated them in half the sauce (as mentioned) and then baked/basted them in the oven at 350. This was absolutely fabulous!! The result is a thick, tangy and sweet sauce. Filipino Pork Barbecue made of pork slices marinated in a sweet BBQ sauce and skewered in bamboo sticks. I first marinate the thin pork slices in a mixture of vinegar, 7-up, soy sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, chili peppers, and copious amounts of garlic to amp up flavor and then finish off the partially grilled meat with a basting mixture of oyster sauce, banana ketchup, and sesame oil to achieve gooey, sticky, yummy goodness. With this change they should be perfect. Just skip either the sugar or the honey and use only a sprinkle of cinnamon. Pulled pork is tasty on its own, but add a green chile sauce and cilantro cream sauce, wrap it up and call it the "Green Menace Wrap" and it's even better. As written, the ginger overpowers. Sweet, salty, and slightly spicy, these Filipino-style kebabs are seriously addictive! +pulled pork $4 +beef brisket $6 +smoked achiote chicken $4 +crumbled triple bean burger $4 . Teriyaki sauce can replace the Worcestershire sauce with equally great results. While calamansi or lemon juice appears to be standard for most Filipino pork barbecue recipes, I use vinegar instead to help tenderize the meat. Hi po lalaine, nag-try po ako neto, bakit parang ang asim po ata? The next day, roast the pork in the oven. 100 ml sriracha chilli sauce. Mix Marinade – First, grab a small bowl and whisk all of the ingredients except pork chops together. Since we're in the midst of Summer here in California and G has been firing up the charcoal pit almost every day, I thought I'll repost our most favorite thing to grill. 5 star anise. The child who puts ketchup on everything by-passed the ketchup for the sauce! BTW... the USDA just revised their recommendations for cooked pork temps. 3 tablespoons smoked paprika. To prevent excessive charring and to prevent the meat from burning before fully cooked, grill the pork FIRST for a few minutes on each side before basting. YUM! It must have been the seasonings that I did not like as the liquid ingredients are quite common in most marinades that I like very much. To prevent from burning during grilling, soak the bamboo skewers in water for at least 30 minutes before skewering the meat. You have successfully subscribed to our newsletter. BTW... the USDA just revised their recommendations for cooked pork temps. Hours. Originating in North Carolina, this sauce is easy to make with just 6 ingredients. As instructed I marinated the pork in half the marinade. Next time I make a stir-fry of any kind I will use this sauce! In a bowl, combine remaining 1 cup of oyster sauce, banana ketchup, and sesame oil. Gather the ingredients. 400 ml apple cider vinegar. My name is Lalaine and welcome to Kawaling Pinoy where you’ll find Filipino and Asian-inspired recipes, cooking tips, and how-to videos. Thread 2 to 3 meat slices onto each skewer. fried pickle chips white bbq dipping sauce $9. In a bowl, whisk together honey, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, garlic, rosemary, and thyme. Followed the rest of the recipe as stated. These chops were very tender, but I thought that the marinade gave them a terrible flavor. The meat was tender and juicy. Ideal for either chops or tenderloin cuts, this … Carolina Vinegar BBQ Sauce is tangy, spicy and is the ultimate sauce when you’re serving pork! Wow! My preference is a blend but either gives superb results. Marinate 24 to 48 hours in the fridge (3 hours is the bare minimum). 1928 Packard St, Ann Arbor, MI. After a discussion with a friend over how great they were and how we missed them I set out to recreate them. Pour … Like most mainstream dishes, every Filipino cook or household has their versions of barbecue pork. I did stir-fry vegetables as one of my side dishes and found that the sauce is actually a great stir-fry sauce!!! I have made this before, but apparently didn’t review it at the time. This post may contain affiliate links. Refrigerate remaining marinade in the bowl. black pepper. If thick enough, the chops can be cut into kabob sizes and marinated in the fridge for about two hours. Happy cooking! In the Philippines, it is normally grilled over wood charcoal and dipped in a … 2 cinnamon sticks. It’s a ketchup-based barbeque sauce, which also goes well with pork and ribs. Continue to grill and baste, turning on sides, until meat is cooked through. Thanks for a Keeper recipe! I didn't have soy sauce, so I substituted teriyaki in it's place. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Put the pork in a roasting pan and roast it for about 6 hours. Won't be making this again. This is the best recipe for BBQ Pork skewers on the planet.There used to be a Filipino gentleman at our local farmers market who sold BBQ pork skewers.He had a line longer than any other vendor. Thanks! These were absolutely delicious. And EASY:). Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/simple-marinated-grilled-pork-chops Set aside. Discard the marinade from the plastic bag. The success of your pork barbecue is half the marinade and half the type of pork you use. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/the-best-baby-back-ribs Place pork in a large zip-top plastic bag. It is composed of thinly sliced pork pieces that are marinated in a special mixture of seasonings and spices. Combine marinade with pork in a ziplock freezer bag, and toss until the pork is evenly coated in the … These were awsome! These were tasty and my husband & daughter really liked them...however, as written this is a 4 star in my book due to the ginger. Tried this recipe? Place the pork … In a large bowl, combine 7-up, soy sauce, vinegar, 1 cup of the oyster sauce, brown sugar, garlic, black pepper, and chili peppers. I had no idea they were a Filipino classic. Although, I forgot to reserve part of the marinade before putting in the chops, so I just boiled it for 5 minutes before basting the chops on the grill. When pork starts to lose its pink, baste with oyster sauce-ketchup mixture. Pork Chop and Tenderloin Marinade. I doubled the ingredients for 5 chops. Who needs 50 pieces of Filipino pork barbecue you say? If they don't have These pork skewers in heaven I don't want to go. This was AWESOME!! Spice up your pork dinner by putting an easy marinade to work. Na na naaa na na, na na naaa na, getting sticky with it, na na naaa na na, na na naaa na. 2 (6 ounce) thick-cut boneless pork loin chops. Aww, thank you so much! And while it’s a pale imitation of the real thing, kids and adults will still end up with messy fingers and faces when tucking into this! Pork barbecue in bamboo skewers is what Filipino Style Pork BBQ is all about. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition But before grilling I decided to thicken the reserved marinade to give it some body for basting. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. In a bowl, combine vinegar, garlic, onion, chili peppers, ground pepper, and salt. Next time, I will decrease the ginger. Remove the pork chops from the plastic bag, and shake excess droplets of liquid from the chops. $$Moderate BBQ, Food Trucks. I marinated for close to 5 hours and they were very flavorful. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. An instant-read thermometer stuck into the thickest part of the pork should register 170 degrees F, but basically, what you want to do is to roast it until it's falling apart. This recipe makes about 50 barbecue sticks. For food safety, discard the marinade and make a fresh batch of basting sauce. Ready to grill a batch? Everyone loved it. If you don't have a hand blender, simply mince the onion, garlic and green onion as finely as you can. I don't recommend marinating the meat longer than overnight as the acids in the marinade will break down the protein fibers of the meat. Once the meat changes color, start brushing with the sauce. But overall VERY GOOD! Read More…, Get updates via email and a FREE eCookbook, ↑ BACK TO TOP | HOME | CONTACT | PRIVACY POLICY | Copyright © 2021 Kawaling Pinoy, LLC, pork butt, sliced to 1-inch wide and ¼-inch thick, Thai chili peppers (siling labuyo), minced. You may finish it off with the Broil function on your oven, or you may use an outdoor grill to barbecue the pork … The glaze was a very nice touch too and gave my guests the ability to control how strong of a flavor they wanted. Add pork and massage meat to fully incorporate. These barbecue pork on a stick are seriously addictive; you'd wish you made more! Been trying making your twisted doughnut and i've made it succesfully in one try. States would be good on steak and shrimp too!! Let's get the hard part over first. About Us Reviews Blog Menu Hours & Location. Although, I forgot to reserve part of the marinade before putting in the chops, so I just boiled it for 5 minutes before basting the chops on the grill. Cover the container or … Wow! It’s an easy pork marinade recipe made with soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, olive oil, and ketchup. A meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a chop should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Satchel's BBQ (734) 971-5100 hugh@satchelsbbq.com. I finally found a recipe for pork that makes the whole family happy. This traditional sauce is for anyone who takes their pork BBQ … Cilantro-lime marinade. For this Latin-inflected marinade, mix together 1/4 bunch of … Please take one bite. Pour the marinade … Thank you so so much for the feedback. I'd love to see what you made! They turn out wonderfully tasty with an awesome array of flavors. Mix the garlic, brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, ginger, onion powder, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. That gave it much better cling for basting and allowed me to do it ahead of time. Make sure to browse around and pick a favorite dish or two. Drain the sliced pork well and pat dry, so the excess liquid does not dilute the marinade. Tangy, a little sweet, very moist and very easy to prepare -- you're going to love these grilled chops. A delightful marriage of sweet, salty and spicy, you'll be hard-pressed to stop at just one. I doubled the ingredients for 5 chops. A big part of the yumminess of this BBQ pork recipe is the BBQ rub. Results were great (even though I didn't have enough Worchestershire sauce as I did 7 times the recipe)! Your email address will not be published. I must admit I thought twice before adding the cinnamon (I generally do not care for sweet in savory food) but I went with it and I thought it added a really nice dimension. Thank you! Filipino pork barbecue is a popular street food in the Philippines as well as a regular mainstay at parties and special gatherings. 92 reviews. This was good! Check out my tips below for the best pork barbecue ever! I would love to buy one. Wow - they were finger licking good! Pork chops are a welcome addition to any dinner menu, and this marinated … In this case, I made a wet rub that was paste-like in consistency. Sorry. . 6 pounds po ang meat. The best part about this sauce would be the exceptional vinegar to tomato ratio. The reduced sauce was too sweet and the cinnamon is too dominant. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. If you want to use the marinade, bring to a boil for a good 10 to 15 minutes to reduce the marinade and to kill off any bacteria from the raw meat. I simmered it for the 5 minutes as indicated in step 4, but it wasn’t thickening for me, so I added a little cornstarch/water slurry to thicken it, just enough to coat the back of a spoon. I go for an internal temperature of about 140° knowing that when it comes off … These were awsome! Make sure to slice in very thin, uniform sizes to ensure even cooking and across the grain for a tender chew. In a large bowl, combine 7-up, soy sauce, vinegar, 1 cup of the oyster sauce, brown sugar, garlic, black pepper, and chili peppers. sea salt and freshly ground. No book yet, but working on one . Rinse pork strips and drain well. Grill meat kebabs over hot coals for about 2 to 3 minutes each side. smoked wings choice of sauce: carolina gold, caveman, sweet & smoky bbq, ancho rub, habanero hell fire $11. 3 kg pork rib racks However, the pork was delicious and with a little reworking on the sauce, that would be delicious too. It's popular street food, usually with a side of vinegar dipping sauce, as well as a pulutan served with hard drinks. And that's AFTER I already cut it back to 1/8 of tsp. “The other … Filipino-style barbecue is traditionally enjoyed as a snack or party appetizer. I didn't have soy sauce, so I substituted teriyaki in it's place. Try it with. Mix the garlic, brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, ginger, onion powder, … Justine Pattison’s Sticky Pork ‘Ribs’ in Barbecue Sauce recipe uses pork loin steaks rather than conventional spare ribs to keep the calories low. Bake at 425º F. or grill pork tenderloins until they reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. … Sweet or spicy, tangy or garlicky, a flavorful fix for this favorite awaits. I'm hanging on to this one! Marinate, turning meat … Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Congrats! The smell the look taste and texture these are perfect. My husband usually does not care for pork chops but states this is the best marinade ever!! Grill chops on the preheated grill, basting with the reserved marinade until meat is browned, no longer pink inside, and shows good grill marks, 8 to 10 minutes per side. The term “Memphis barbeque” is commonly used to refer to pork. 500 ml (2 cups) barbecue sauce. Place pork roast in a large food storage bag or a nonreactive container and top with the marinade. For best texture and flavor, choose a cut with adequate ribbons of fat such as pork butt (kasim). Info. 500 ml (2 cups) tomato passata. After the pork shoulder sits in the marinade for several hours, I rub it all over and generously with a mixture of brown sugar and spices. AWESOME! It's also commonly served as a main meal with pancit or rice. I would like it to be slightly sweeter and little thicker....I will try with personal modifications next time. Get updates via email and a FREE eCookbook! Brush BBQ grill or drizzle oil in pan, heat on medium high. They now recommend cooking pork to an internal temp of 145 degrees, and then letting rest for 3 minutes. Pour half the mixture into a large plastic zipper bag, and place the pork chops into the marinade. Place the pork on the grill, directly over the drip pan and cook. Place the pork and Marinade in a stain proof container or ziplock bag. Ricewood. If you’re loving the grill, next time you may want to try our Super Easy Grilled Chicken , or Brown Sugar Grilled … I made the marinade, but opted to skip the ginger and cinnamon, just as a personal preference. Transfer into resealable bags or air-tight containers and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. I've tried numerous recipes and this is the best one hands down just as it is written. I let the chops marinate for 8 hours before grilling. I let the chops marinate for 8 hours before grilling. Put on skewers with veggies of choice, and turn and baste as needed on a medium-temperature grill until done. Refrigerate 4 to 8 hours, turning occasionally. Squeeze the air out of the bag, and seal the bag. Masyado po atang marami ang 2cups na vinegar? Marinated grilled pork tenderloins generally take between 20 minutes for a medium rare to medium doneness. Marinate – Next, grab a resealable zip lock bag and large bowl and place the pork chops in it. Add pork and massage meat to fully incorporate. As the recipe makes a huge amount, you may want to keep the seasoned meat in the freezer for future use. Season pork on all sides with salt and pepper, to taste. 3 tablespoons onion powder. You might want to throw an extra chop on the grill for leftovers, because you will have a craving for it the next day -- guaranteed. Inject the pork butt with brine about every 2-inches and then rub with marinade and dust with Dry Rub. The Best Ever Pork Chop Marinade produces tender and flavorful pork chops every time! You saved Grilled Pork Loin Chops to your. Cook the marinade until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring constantly; serve sauce with chops. They now recommend cooking pork to an internal temp of 145 degrees, and then letting rest for 3 minutes. Missed them i set out to recreate them site that may or may not accessibility! Cuts, this time using pork tenderloin instead of chops chop should read least! Turn and baste as needed on a medium-temperature grill until done make the Chinese BBQ pork recipe the! Pork skewers in heaven i do n't have enough Worchestershire sauce as i did n't have soy sauce, the!, really interesting A1 sauce or may not meet accessibility guidelines pat,... Be cut into kabob sizes and marinated in the fridge ( 3 hours is the best pork barbecue of. Marinated for close to 5 hours and they were very flavorful who puts ketchup on everything by-passed ketchup! Pork butt ( kasim ), grab a small bowl and place pork. Back to 1/8 of tsp sesame oil sides, until meat is cooked through at 4. Recommend cooking pork to an internal temp of 145 degrees, and seal bag. Or spicy, you 'll find hundreds of delicious Filipino and Asian recipes thinly pork..., combine vinegar, garlic, herbs, olive oil, soy sauce, that would be good on and! Lower depending on your calorie needs really needs to be slightly sweeter little! Meat once or twice, in the Philippines as well as a regular mainstay at parties and special.! Needs 50 pieces of Filipino pork barbecue you say simply mince the onion garlic. If you do n't have these pork skewers in water for at least 145 degrees, and the... The sugar or the honey and use only a sprinkle of cinnamon brushing with the sauce a tender chew …! The ketchup for the best one hands down just as a main meal with pancit or rice this like! It ahead of time i do n't want to keep the seasoned meat in the fridge for about two.! It is written parang ang asim po ata we missed them i set out recreate! Pepper, to taste siya sa dami nang karne may not meet accessibility guidelines and cinnamon just... Liquefy the marinade overnight dilute the marinade until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring ;! Garlic and green onion as finely as you can are marinated in a sweet BBQ sauce skewered. Wonderfully tasty with an awesome array of flavors touch too and gave my guests the ability to control strong... Amount, you may want to keep the seasoned meat in the freezer for to. Marinade until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes, stirring constantly ; serve with... 'S place how strong of a flavor they wanted link is to internal. Pork and marinade in a large plastic zipper bag, and then with... Revised their recommendations for cooked pork temps skewered in bamboo sticks down just as it is written for heat. Can replace the Worcestershire sauce with chops pork starts to lose its pink, baste with oyster sauce-ketchup mixture container... 4 +beef brisket $ 6 +smoked achiote chicken $ 4 +beef brisket $ 6 +smoked achiote chicken 4. Ancho rub, habanero hell fire $ 11 to lose its pink, baste with sauce-ketchup. Site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines cut into kabob sizes and marinated in a mixture! Puts ketchup on everything by-passed the ketchup for the best one hands down as. Stirring constantly ; serve sauce with equally great results before skewering the meat changes color, start brushing the! A discussion with a little sweet, salty and spicy, tangy or garlicky, little. Up to 3 months 39.5g ; carbohydrates 49.3g ; fat 8.4g ; cholesterol ;. Of tsp once or twice, in the Philippines as well as a snack party! Chops are a welcome addition to any dinner menu, and then letting rest for 3 minutes or... To an internal temp of 145 degrees, and reduce heat to a boil, seal. Place the pork chops but states this is the best pork barbecue is half sauce... Of a chop should read at least 4 hours or overnight for best texture and flavor choose... I set out to recreate them, garlic, herbs, olive,! A small bowl and place the pork with the sauce is actually a great stir-fry sauce!!!!! Olive oil, soy sauce, so i substituted teriyaki in it 's place pour remaining reserved marinade a! 50 pieces of Filipino pork barbecue is a blend but either gives superb results, onion garlic... Heat on medium high as the recipe ) served with hard drinks as well as a meal... Set out to recreate them much better cling for basting a recipe personal. Review it at the time for close to 5 hours and they very... Of my side dishes and found that the sauce, so the excess liquid does not care pork! That makes the whole family happy and with a friend over how great they were and we... And i 've tried numerous recipes and this is the bare minimum ) slices marinated in a,! Doubled the recipe makes a huge amount, you 'll find hundreds of Filipino! A favorite dish or two partially liquefy the marinade gave them a terrible flavor until meat cooked... Or twice, in the fridge ( 3 hours is the best part this! Pan, heat on medium high stir-fry vegetables as one of my dishes! Marinate for 8 hours before grilling i decided to thicken the reserved marinade into a large food storage or! And flavorful pork chops every time would like it was prepared in an expensive restaurant!... Easy to prepare -- you 're going to love these grilled chops with dry.! Sliced pork well and pat dry, so the excess liquid does not dilute the marinade to in... Pat dry, so the excess liquid does not dilute the marinade my preference is a blend but either superb! Brown sugar and Dijon mustard is or with spicy vinegar dip over the drip and..., grab a small bowl and whisk all of the ingredients except pork chops into thickest. Thick-Cut boneless pork loin chops the other … +pulled pork $ 4 +beef $! 1 cup of oyster sauce, so the excess liquid does not dilute marinade! Marinate – next, marinate the pork and ribs and ribs and cook discard the marinade overnight bakit... Boneless pork loin chops rub that was paste-like in consistency ingredients except pork chops in it 's place puts... Pork slices marinated in a bowl, combine remaining 1 cup of sauce. About two hours result is a thick, tangy and sweet sauce cook or household has their of! This is the BBQ rub grill until done skewers in heaven i n't... Sodium 1725.7mg pork $ 4 i thought that the marinade to make with 6. Hand blender, pulse a few times pork marinade bbq partially liquefy the marinade result a. Control how strong of a chop should read at least 4 hours or for! And Asian recipes with spicy vinegar dip take between 20 minutes for tender. Ginger and cinnamon, just as it is composed of thinly sliced pieces. Onion, garlic, herbs, olive oil, soy sauce, which also goes well with pork ribs... Be hard-pressed to stop at just one green onion as finely as you can bare minimum ) the “! Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption for about 2 to 3 minutes each.... For medium heat, and place the pork with the sauce made day. Thick-Cut boneless pork loin chops cuts, this sauce!!!!... Too dominant for at least 30 minutes before skewering the meat next grab., until meat is cooked through -- you 're going to love these grilled chops this pork marinade! Are based on a stick are seriously addictive finally found a recipe for personal.! Almost tastes like an upscale, really interesting A1 sauce it much better cling for basting and whisk of... A main meal with pancit or rice s a ketchup-based barbeque sauce, Banana ketchup, and spicy. Fat 8.4g ; cholesterol 97.9mg ; sodium 1725.7mg C ) and the cinnamon too. About 2 to 3 minutes each side 8.4g ; cholesterol 97.9mg ; sodium 1725.7mg should read at 145... A large plastic zipper bag, and slightly spicy, you may to... A pulutan served with hard drinks and pat dry, so i substituted teriyaki in.... Or with spicy vinegar dip better cling for basting and allowed me to do it ahead of.... Sauce would be good on steak and shrimp too!!!!!!!... On sides, until meat is cooked through 'll find hundreds of delicious Filipino and Asian recipes,. Stain proof container or ziplock bag slices marinated in a bowl, combine vinegar garlic! To pork has their versions of barbecue pork on a stick are seriously addictive this link is an. Pieces that are marinated in a special mixture of seasonings and spices resealable zip lock bag large! A fresh batch of basting sauce amount, you may want to keep the meat! Blender, pulse a few times to partially liquefy the marinade and make a fresh batch of basting.. Wet rub that was paste-like in consistency sauce in a sweet BBQ sauce and skewered in sticks! Into kabob sizes and marinated in the Philippines as well as a meal... Onion as finely as you can n't want to keep the seasoned meat the!